Benefits of our lamb – from Ketahdin Sheep
Benefits of Ketahdin Sheep – Hair sheep
- Low cholesterol
- Mild flvoured
- Lean slightly marbled red meat
- No tallow taste
Nutritional benefits of Ontario lamb
Fresh, mild, tender Ontario Lamb…it’s good for you.
Lamb is a very good source of…
- Vitamin B12
Lamb is also a good source of zinc, a mineral that affects many fundamental processes, perhaps the most important of which is immune function. Meat products, like lamb, are a good source of vitamin B12. This vitamin supports production of red blood cells and prevents anemia, allows nerve cells to develop properly, and helps your cells metabolize protein, carbohydrate, and fat.
Cooking your Ontario lamb raised by Shantom Farms
You will receive your lamb in a freezer box. Inside the freezer box will be various pieces all professionally wrapped in butcher paper and securely tied with string. All pieces will be labeled.
Here are some ways you may wish to use the pieces.
- Whole Leg roast: Roast in the oven seasoned with rosemary and oregano.
- Rack of Lamb: Roast in the oven.
- Ground lamb: Season and cook as you would a hamburger.
- Lamb loin: Braise lamb loin pieces in red wine, garlic and rosemary.
- Lamb roasts: Cook in the oven as you would cook roast beef.
- Other serving ideas from Shantom Farms Kitchen
The hearty flavor of lamb makes it a wonderful meat to be featured in a stew.
For a healthy twist on the traditional food pairing, serve lamb with a mint yogurt sauce, made from plain yogurt, mint leaves, garlic, and cayenne.
Place bite size pieces of lamb on a skewer with your favorite grilling vegetables and make lamb shish kebobs.